7 Effective Time Management Tips
Tuesday February 16, 2016
Time. It’s the one thing we can’t buy more of, and one of the things so many of us simply waste. If you’re fed up with never having enough of this precious commodity, here are seven things you can do – both at home and on the job – to improve your time management skills:
- Create a schedule of all meetings and activities: Don’t try to schedule things in your mind. Have a tangible event planner – whether it is an actual book with a daily calendar, or the app on your phone – that can record your planned meetings, and activities so you can allocate the right amount of time for each.
- Schedule time for interruptions: You will have to endure inevitable interruptions. Whether they are welcomed (30 minutes for playtime with the kids) or unwelcome (problems with new sales orders, publications, trainings, etc.), you should always set aside at least 30 minutes daily to deal with all unforeseen issues.
- Plan ahead: At the start of each day, see what your schedule is going to look like. Check emails. Make a checklist of issues to deal with. You’ll be better prepared when a problem surfaces.
- Set goals for every interaction: “What do you hope to accomplish with this meeting/conversation?” With this question in mind, you can quickly and efficiently get to the heart of the matter.
- Use your “Do Not Disturb” sign: When you must get work done, it is alright to shut out all distractions. Post “unavailable” on your electronic calendar, or close your office door with instructions not to be disturbed. They will understand.
- Realize you won’t get everything done: Don’t try to get it all done in one day. Space out your efforts and take time to rest and reset your mind. The end results will be far improved.
- Punch out when it is time, and sleep!: You’re no good to anyone half awake. Going home and getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night is essential for both mind and body. Take full advantage and come back to your project refreshed and ready.
Interested in saving more time? Visit your local Cartridge World store and we’ll show you how! From our sensational local staff members to our online ink and toner monitoring programs – we’re here to help you save time. Save money. And print great. Guaranteed!