Best Fireworks Displays in the US
Tuesday June 23, 2015
Celebrating the Fourth of July is a time for family, food and of course, fireworks. In honor of this, we have compiled a list of the biggest, greatest, most spectacular firework displays all around the US— make sure you check to see if your city made the list!
- Addison, TX- Kaboom Town in Addison, TX is known for having the largest fireworks display in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The show is complete with live entertainment, air shows, family-friendly activities and showcases more than 1,500 pounds of fireworks— proving that some things are just bigger in Texas.
- New York City, NY- The annual Macy’s 4th of July fireworks in New York is one of the country’s largest pyrotechnic shows, and is displayed along the East River. With fireworks being shot from multiple barges and performances by A-list artists, this show is sure to blow many others out of the water.
- Chicago, IL- The Windy City offers a fantastic firework display on the Fourth of July at Navy Pier. Attendees can watch the show from the pier, or make the holiday even classier by taking a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan while taking in the beautiful show. Fireworks are also shot of every Wednesday and Friday throughout the summer so everyone can enjoy the action.
- St. Louis, MO- The iconic Gateway Arch and the Mississippi River waterfront is the perfect setting for “America’s Biggest Birthday Party.” Fair St. Louis will release 15,000 pounds of fireworks over three nights (June 3-5) and will also showcase many concerts and exhibitions, including performances by Bonnie Raitt and Matt Nathanson.
- Washington, DC- The annual Capitol Fourth celebration includes fireworks being launched from the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool that illuminate the sky behind the Capitol and Washington Monument. Boat cruises are also available on the Potomac River, which provides another fantastic viewing experience for the show.
Although this a very small list and there are many more amazing fireworks displays around the US, we think that these are some of the best!