Inkjet Cartridge Care
Get the Most from Your Inkjet Cartridges with These Expert Tips
Cartridge World stores typically stock more than 150 different premium inks and toners. This extensive selection helps ensure that inkjet cartridges meet the specifications of your printer. The use of premium inks and toners help you produce high quality documents.
Follow these tips to keep your printer and cartridges in top condition. This will help you continue to save money in the long run:
- Never let a cartridge run out of ink completely. Your inkjet will burn out if it continues to fire while the supply of ink is cut off. Always have a replacement cartridge on hand. If the cartridge is showing 'empty,' have it refilled or replaced immediately.
- Cartridges cannot be stored for an indefinite period. If cartridges are stored for months or years, it can diminish performance.
- When lines and/or missing dots form on your text or graphics, it's time to clean the printhead. Do not touch the copper plate on the printhead with your fingers. Use the printers cleaning cycle (refer to your printer manual). If this fails to clear the problem, call us for the best solution.
- Do not leave cartridges in a hot car. This causes the ink to expand and leak.
- Keep color cartridges upright. The colors could cross contaminate if cartridges are left on their side.
- After installing a cartridge, print at least 2 test pages to settle the new cartridge.
Laser Toner Cartridge Care
Get the Most from Your Laser Cartridges with These Expert Tips
These tips have been developed to save you money and keep your laser printer cartridge in top condition.
- Do not attempt to open the cartridge.
- Do not leave the cartridge in motor vehicles for any length of time, as even on a cool day the temperature can exceed safe levels. Doing so may distort the plastic in the cartridge.
- Store cartridges at normal room temperature.
- Some parts in these cartridges are light sensitive and can be damaged when exposed to excessive light.
- When empty, store your laser cartridge in its original plastic bag and cardboard box.
Note: If your hands or clothes become stained with toner, wash them with lukewarm water and soap. For clothes, simply brush off outside in the open air. Do not wash toner-stained clothes in hot water as the toner will set into a permanent stain. Use cold water only.